Tuesday 16 June 2009

SKOOL'S OUT

GCSEs done and just the results to come.
No more school. Education's done.
Taking time out
To get about.


Not really sure what to do next. Most off my life so far has been stuck behind a school desk and college doesn't appeal right now. Maybe, I'll take a gap year and find my own level and try a few things out.
I have to admire my mum, though, she's off to Uni in Wales to study law.
She said she couldn't do it. Not at her age.
A couple of days later Granddad gave her the train fare and told her to meet some chap at the Royal Courts of Justice. Three months later she passed an exam and got a certificate. Now she's going to Uni.

As for me. He just says give it time. Let's see what results you get.

2 comments:

  1. Tell your mum, you're never too old. I did my degree between 36 and 40, part-time after a 14 year break from learning. As for you, good luck with your exams and I'm sure there'll be lots of options for you. You don't have to stick with the first thing you try. I never did and it didn't stop me doing well when I finally made my mind up where I wanted to be and what I wanted to be doing.

    ReplyDelete